The (mis) adventures of two romance writers struggling to find yet another euphemism for male genitalia...
Why the heck did we name this blog Sweet Savage Thighs? Find out here.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hannah's the Talker; I'm the Sulker

The problem with weekends at the spa is that they wear off so darn quickly. While Hannah and I had a lovely experience in Seattle this past weekend, it's now Tuesday and it's back to the grindstone with me. I returned to find two envelopes staring at me: one containing the copyedited manuscript of Big, Bad Wolf (an expanded version of Missy and Graham's story, originally published as an e-book called Fur Factor) and the page proofs for "Devil's Bargain" (my contribution to the Huntress anthology, due out in July). Both need to be reviewed, revised and returned to my editors in New York. Preferably no later than three days ago. Plus, there's the new book (the seventh new Others novel) that needs to get underway, and the super-secret side project I keep trying to find time to work on in between everything else. So what am I doing this evening? Blogging, of course!

Actually, I'm doing what I often do in the evenings, which is balance my HP notebook on my lap in between trips between the sofa and the back door to let my ridiculous puppy in and out of the house. And chatting with Hannah (while she indulges her intractable addiction to The Golden Girls reruns). And trying to defend my place on the sofa from Hannah's encroaching hound. He's a total cushion thief. And me? I'm a softie. (Though if you go by that last post Hannah put it, I think the word "lush" would be the first description of me that comes to mind! No matter what she says, I swear I don't have a drinking problem. Unless you count occasionally sputtering latte onto my clothes because I've just been tackled by my insane puppy while trying to caffeinate myself at the local dog park).

I suppose I could try to tell you more about myself here, but really, in the interests of mystery, I think I'll let you pick things up as the blog goes along. Since I'm a writer, I should show, not tell, right? Plus, I'm really pretty lazy and don't find myself all that interesting (after all, I've known me for years) so listing a bunch of details about what I like and dislike and where I live and what I do for fun seems rather tedious. I'd like to think of this forum as a place where we can all get to know each other along the way.

So stay tuned. The chances are that when the details about Hannah and myself do come out, we'll find a way to make them interesting. And if all else fails, we're never above lying.