The (mis) adventures of two romance writers struggling to find yet another euphemism for male genitalia...
Why the heck did we name this blog Sweet Savage Thighs? Find out here.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

We're havin' a heat wave...

I've been nagging Christine for days to write a post, but she's flat out refused. Normally she's much more receptive to my nagging, but we've been going through a bit of a heat wave here and Christine doesn't deal well with the heat.

Normally it doesn't bother me. I just arrange the fan so it blows right on my face, strip down to the barest minimum of clothes and turn on some old sitcom reruns. But even I've been laid low by this - it was 105 yesterday at 5:00pm, and today is predicted to be even hotter. At least my day job is heavily air conditioned - I think this is the only time Christine's been jealous of my having a job other than writing.

It's supposed to get better by the weekend - down to 92 on Saturday! - so hopefully things will get back to normal around here soon. Christine can emerge from the cave we've turned the guest bedroom into (that's the room where the portable a/c unit is set up) and we can take the dogs to the park again.

Until then, I'm going back to the guest room.