The (mis) adventures of two romance writers struggling to find yet another euphemism for male genitalia...
Why the heck did we name this blog Sweet Savage Thighs? Find out here.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hi, My Name Is Christine...

...and I'm a Kate Spade addict.

(chorus: Hi, Christine!)

Don't ask me how it started. The first one was free. It was a birthday gift from Hannah, a beautiful little pink crocodile-style leather evening bag. I took one look at it, and my life changed forever. Now, I realize that it's common for a pusher to give the first taste for free. It's only after that, when you go back for the next score and the next, when you start to count the cost.

And my first cost? I think it might have been the black microfiber Sam tote on eBay. If I'm right, that second hit only totaled approximately $35, including shipping, but it didn't stop there. After that I found the official Kate Spade website (www.katespade.com) with the "SALE" section. That led to the Tarrytown Rudy in autumn green, the Baylor London in luggage, and the Cyril Continental wallet in ruby and amethyst. Then the London Sawyer in vachetta, and the Tarrytown Quinn in red. Most recently, it had gone down the path of the Tarrytown Shino in hibiscus.

I knew I had a problem, but I thought I had it under control. It's just Kate Spade, I thought. Just a hobby. I can handle it. I'm fine.

So today, when Hannah asked me to accompany her to Pioneer Place in Portland so she could run an errand, I never thought twice about it. Not until we reached the street level and there it was, right in front of me -- The Kate Spade Store. Just 10 minutes inside, and this was the result:


I admit it. I'm powerless against my addiction and only a higher power can lead me to sanity.

The thing is, I'm not sure I want to be sane.